MOCEM : All in one tool to simulate SAR IMAGES
- an original EM formulation based on the object geometry analysis to build SAR images in a very short computation time. These formulations have been developed by skillful SAR and RCS experts;
- an original geometrical algorithm which handles the various facets visibility, including the multiple inner reflections and the interaction with the object surroundings (i.e. ground).
SAR images are typically produced in a matter of minutes, using a 2D SAR radar transfer function that takes into account the main parameters of SAR image quality (resolution, Nes°, tapering). Many studies suffer from the lack of SAR images or control on SAR image content. This tool will interest scientists and labs, working on SAR image features extraction and SAR image analysis. A dedicated version called MOCEM LT has been developed for educational purposes. It offers an attractive way to explain capabilities and limits of SAR images to the scientific community which is more familiar with optical and IR images than radar.
Use of MOCEM for studies :
As it is very difficult to develop SAR image analysis applications, MOCEM appears to be interesting to test algorithms and tune them, before testing on actual data.
Use of MOCEM for didactical purposes :
High Resolution SAR images appears difficult to understand. Variability of the image is also surprising to the operator. Because MOCEM is easy to use and fast for showing 3D results, it appears to be a good tool to prepare operators and students to work with SAR images or as a help in image interpretation. The MOCEM LT version is offered freely to the EUSAR 2008 participants for tutorial using here.
Other uses :
MOCEM is not commercial software and use is limited to collaborative works involving the CELAR. As MOCEM covers many aspects of the SAR imagery (HR, squint, polarimetry, and interferometry) and is easy to use, it appears to be a good tool to progress in image exploitation. In this context, to know if versions without some of MOCEM LT limitations could be delivered, please use this link.
You can find MOCEM LT articles on this web site with tight sidebar. Differents categorys are on line :
- MOCEM LT : Articles with some result get by MOCEM LT
- MOCEM V3 : The future version of MOCEM
- Around MOCEM: Articles about MOCEM actuality